[GRASSLIST:1747] Re: Newbie - error: d.dmrc doesn't exists

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Nov 13 05:49:33 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Jakob Lanstorp wrote:

> When running the Display Manager, I get the error:
> File /home/Grass/Globaldata/global/PERMANENT/ .d.dmrc doesn't exists.

I believe this means that you are using PERMANENT as your working mapset.
In general, this mapset is privileged, (the name PERMANENT means it should
not be changed), so may be write-protected. If so, no temporary files will
be created there. Have you tried starting GRASS in a different mapset in
the location?

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no