[GRASSLIST:1756] Re: configure problems on OSX

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Thu Nov 13 11:37:34 EST 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 2:50 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Giacomo wrote:
>
>> This is my configure file, for a MacX powerbook. You must check where
>> are your libraries, and if you do not find some libraries install they
>> by source using for example Fink Commander.
>
> These two:
>
>> --with-includes=/sw/include \
>> --with-libs=/sw/lib \
>
> should eliminate the need for all of these:
>
>> --with-tiff-includes=/sw/include \
>> --with-tiff-libs=/sw/lib \
>> --with-tcltk-includes=/sw/include \
>> --with-gd-includes=/sw/include \
>> --with-fftw-includes=/sw/include \

That makes sense to me... but I've got a couple o questions about other
--with(s)

I am using the following switches:
./configure \
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
--with-includes=/sw/include \
--with-libs=/sw/lib --with \
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
--without-odbc

but need to straighten out postgresql. I'm getting the following error
when when I run ./congigure:

checking for location of PostgreSQL includes...
checking for libpq-fe.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate PostgreSQL includes.

A 'find' does not come up with libpq-fe.h. I built postgresql with fink
using the  /10.3/unstable tree. However, I'm having a bogger of a time
figuring out where it put the postgresql includes...

> If configure fails without the above five switches, I'd like to see
> the error messages from config.log.
>
> I was about to say that this:
>
>> --with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
>
> shouldn't be necessary either, but it probably is (that's a bug on our
> part). The checks for the OpenGL headers ought to use $X_CFLAGS (the
> checks for the libraries *do* use $X_LIBS etc).
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Kirk R. Wythers	                                     tel: 612.625.2261
Dept. of Forest Resources                 fax: 612.625.5212
University of Minnesota      email: kwythers at umn.edu