[GRASSLIST:1757] Re: configure problems on OSX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Nov 13 12:25:49 EST 2003

Kirk R. Wythers wrote:

> That makes sense to me... but I've got a couple o questions about other
> --with(s)
>
> I am using the following switches:
> ./configure \
> --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
> --with-includes=/sw/include \
> --with-libs=/sw/lib --with \
> --with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
> --without-odbc
>
> but need to straighten out postgresql. I'm getting the following error
> when when I run ./congigure:
>
> checking for location of PostgreSQL includes...
> checking for libpq-fe.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate PostgreSQL includes.
>
> A 'find' does not come up with libpq-fe.h. I built postgresql with fink
> using the  /10.3/unstable tree. However, I'm having a bogger of a time
> figuring out where it put the postgresql includes...

I'm not sure that I can help there. libpq-fe.h is essential for the
PostgreSQL modules; all of them include it, so if it really isn't
present, there's no way that the PostgreSQL modules can be built.

Looking at:

	http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/postgresql

shows:

	SplitOffs:
		postgresql-dev		PostgreSQL development headers and libraries
		postgresql-shlibs	PostgreSQL shared libraries
		postgresql73-dev	PostgreSQL development headers and libraries
		postgresql73-shlibs	PostgreSQL shared libraries

The headers would probably be part of the -dev package.