[GRASSLIST:1784] Re: thanks for the help with configure problems on OSX

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Mon Nov 17 11:44:54 EST 2003

My apologies if I have responded to this request earlier. But a quick
check of the archives does not turn my response up so I will repost.

On Nov 14, 2003, at 10:59 AM, John Chesnut wrote:

> Can you post a summary of:
>  1) a "clean" version of your OSX configure command.

My configure command was fairly straight forward:

./configure \
--with-postgres-includes=/sw/include/postgresql \
--with-postgres-libs=/sw/lib/postgresql \
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
--with-includes=/sw/include \
--with-libs=/sw/lib \
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
--without-odbc \
--with-proj \

>  2) note on your directory structure for a grass build

I left the directory structure as the defaults. Therefor Grass got
installed into /usr/local

truffula:/usr/local/grass5 kirkw$ ls
bin             documents       fonts           locale          scripts
bwidget         driver          include         locks
tcltkgrass
dev             etc             lib             man             txt

> 3)  Notes to the source of the libraries and headers which you had to
> troubleshoot.

As you can see in the configure script, I installed everything from
fink with the exception of gdal (here I used 1.1.9 and configured with
the switch --without-python... which I saw as a recommendation  in the
archives... from Hamish, I think), and grass (which for I used the new
stable 5.0.3, configured with the above switches).

The only trouble I had was getting postresql installed with fink. And
once I realized that I needed to be installing all of its dependencies
from the same unstable tree, that went smoothly as well. Here is what I
copied into my local/main/finkinfo directory:

truffula:/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo kirkw$ ls
passwd.info                     postgresql-libpqpp.patch
passwd.patch                    postgresql.info
postgresql-libpgeasy.patch      postgresql.patch

> Reason:  I have been unable to configure/ make the OSX binary, and
> hope to benefit from your troubleshooting.
>
> john chesnut

If you have any more questions feel free to ask away...

Kirk