[GRASSLIST:1802] grass build error: compilation error in r.in.gdal

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:15:59 EST 2003

I'm trying to tweak out the last of my build errors on OSX. When I
'make' grass I am getting the error:

GRASS GIS source code compiled.

Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)

* In case of errors please check following web page for hints:
     http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/compilation_hints.html

* Install GRASS with (possibly as root)
     make install
cp -f error.log error.log.powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0

I'm rather perplexed on this one. My gdal config file looks like this:

./configure \
--with-grass=no \
--with-png=internal \
--with-jpeg=internal \
--with-gif=internal \
--with-libtiff=internal \
--with-geotiff=internal \
--with-libz=internal \
--without-ogr \
--without-pg \
--without-ogdi \
--without-python

My grass config file look like this:

./configure \
--with-postgres-includes=/sw/include/postgresql \
--with-postgres-libs=/sw/lib/postgresql \
--with-gdal=/urs/local/bin/gdal-config \
--with-includes=/sw/include \
--with-libs=/sw/lib \
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
--without-odbc \
--with-proj \

However, I'm still not getting a functional a grass build with a
functional gdal. On the gdal web site I found the following:

"In order to run GDAL after installing it is necessary for the shared
library to be findable. This can often be accomplished by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib."

Is this the problem? I'm not following what is being referred to here...