[GRASSLIST:1825] e00 attributes

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Wed Nov 19 18:05:40 EST 2003

I am having trouble dealing with vector attributes from imported e00
files. I understand that each attribute from an e00 import has its own
file in $LOCATION/dig_cats.  What I don't understand is what to do with
them after that. The Open Source GIS book does not have much to say
about this, other than copying the *entire* map for each attribute
(which is very inefficient when there are lots of attributes). Surely
there should be a table somewhere with all the attributes by which
queries can be run, no? Can I not at least generate a postrgesql table
from all of these files? How else are they supposed to be used? I
welcome any clarification or hints about this.

Thanks,
Chris Fonnesbeck
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia