[GRASSLIST:1853] Re: problems displaying layers on 5.7

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Nov 20 15:43:12 EST 2003

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> I seem to have been able to get 5.7 running on OSX, but there are a few
> quirks with the display manager. I am trying to display some layers
> that I have added to the display manager, but when I try to display
> them I get the following:
>
> channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing

Previous occurrences of this error message have been traced to the use
of the native MacOSX version of Tcl/Tk rather than a Unix/X11 version.

I suggest editing $GISBASE/scripts/d.m to run d.m.tcl using a specific
wish executable, i.e. changing:

 sh $GISBASE/etc/dm/d.m.tcl

to e.g.:

 /usr/bin/wish $GISBASE/etc/dm/d.m.tcl