[GRASSLIST:1850] problems displaying layers on 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Thu Nov 20 14:51:18 EST 2003

I seem to have been able to get 5.7 running on OSX, but there are a few
quirks with the display manager. I am trying to display some layers
that I have added to the display manager, but when I try to display
them I get the following:

channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing
     while executing
"exec d.erase >@stdout 2>@stdout"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
     (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
     invoked from within
"Dm::execute "d.erase""
     (procedure "Dm::display" line 4)
     invoked from within
"Dm::display"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
     (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
     invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b0"
     (command bound to event)

I have tried this with and without a monitor running, to no avail.  Any
ideas anyone?

Chris Fonnesbeck
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia