[GRASSLIST:1873] mysql,pg drivers for 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Mon Nov 24 19:12:31 EST 2003

I am trying to use either mysql or postgresql to store attributes for a
GRASS database I am building in GRASS 5.7 (since 5.0.2 does not work
reliably with postgresql). Unfortunately when I try and manage the
default settings using v.database as outlined in the tutorial, the only
drivers are dbf and shp (since when is shapefile a database driver??).
Nowhere does it say where to get the pg/mysql drivers, so I would be
most appreicative of anyone who would point me in the right direction.
It might be a good idea to include these in future releases.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia