[GRASSLIST:1876] Re: mysql,pg drivers for 5.7

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Nov 25 03:16:26 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:12:31PM -0500, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> I am trying to use either mysql or postgresql to store attributes for a
> GRASS database I am building in GRASS 5.7 (since 5.0.2 does not work
> reliably with postgresql). Unfortunately when I try and manage the
> default settings using v.database as outlined in the tutorial, the only
> drivers are dbf and shp (since when is shapefile a database driver??).

On my system I have:

v.database help
 Set default driver / database for new vector attributes.
Usage:
 v.database [-p] [driver=name] [database=name]
Flags:
  -p   print current values
Parameters:
    driver   driver name:
  database   Database name:

-> this indicates that your version was compiled without PostgreSQL/mySQL
   support.

> Nowhere does it say where to get the pg/mysql drivers, so I would be
> most appreicative of anyone who would point me in the right direction.
> It might be a good idea to include these in future releases.

It's included.

Find some sample scripts to run 'configure' here:
http://grass.itc.it/grass51/source/conf_scripts/

Hope this helps,

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler at itc.it>       http://mpa.itc.it