[GRASSLIST:1901] RE: trouble with TIGER data

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Wed Nov 26 17:57:02 EST 2003

Try preprocessing the type1 file with awk to strip out only the
roads.  see the census technical data for the code.
Similar to the hydrography data example discussed in the link
below.

use v.in.tig.basic on the striped type1 file and the normal
type2 file.  This should give you a map with only roads.
You can break apart the data this way and display it all
but only search the roads layer.

John