[GRASSLIST:1395] nviz again

Robert.Siudak at imgw.pl Robert.Siudak at imgw.pl
Thu Oct 2 06:15:57 EDT 2003

I know that it is one of the most popular problem but I could not find solution for my case in internet.
I am quite newbie to linux mabe that is my problem...or maybe it is time to try to solve this problem once for always... I mean change sth in source code or anywhere- I am not programmer so I do now is it possible.
When I try to run nviz I get the following message:

GRASS:~ > nviz

/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libtk.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
child process exited abnormally

   while executing

"exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"

  ("eval" body line 1)

invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"

   invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."

  (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz" line 16)
GRASS:~ > slocate libtk.so.0
GRASS:~ > sbin/ldconfig
bash: sbin/ldconfig: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
GRASS:~ > /sbin/ldconfig
GRASS:~ > nviz
/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libtk.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"

  ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
    invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."

   (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz" line 16)
GRASS:~ > cd usr
bash: cd: usr: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
GRASS:~ > /usr
bash: /usr: is a directory

thanks for any suggestion in advance,

best regards,