[GRASSLIST:1402] r.patch geotiff-mosaic wrong color problem

Juergen Ambrosy juergen.ambrosy at ewetel.net
Sat Oct 4 06:42:19 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm very new to Grass GIS and have just compiled 5.0.2 and installed it
succesfully on Suse Linux 8.1.
Now I'm trying to merge several Geotiff 8-bit images into one mosaic, but I
have problems with r.patch. The output shows only one image - first one -
with correct colors - the others are totally scrambled. Just overlaying one
by another it shows that the import with r.in.gdal was ok.
I found that Mr. Neteler had some problems with r.patch, too. But if I use his
script i.image.mosaic (which uses r.mapcalc to patch the images) I get no
color output - although I set the map region big enough.

I'm kind of desperate now - anybody got an idea how to create a mosaic of
several geotiff images?

--
Juergen Ambrosy

juergen.ambrosy at ewetel.net