[GRASSLIST:1429] Re: r.in.tiff

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Oct 7 13:58:47 EDT 2003

Petra Wallem wrote:

> Hi every body, I want to create a mapset from a scanned map. I allready
> created the location and mapset with the 'xy' coordinate system, and
> then tried tu run r.in.tiff (it is a tif image). But all I get is a
> black display, even though I can see the created raster file in list of
> rasters. After that, I did run r.support, but have to confess didn't
> really know what I was doing... and I still see the black display. Can
> any body advice me which other command I should use or what I am doing
> wrong? I am not shure about the image, I guess it is not a geotif and
> just a palin tiff.

If you're working in an X-Y location, it shouldn't matter if the image
is georeferenced.

Compare the region from "r.info <map name>" and "g.region -p".

Or just use "g.region rast=<map name>" to force the current region to
match the bounds of the map. If you still get an all-black map, check
the range of the data (again, with r.info).