[GRASSLIST:1526] Re: bearing/angle

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 20:43:09 EDT 2003

> I need a way to calculate the bearing / angle between two points. To
> be more precise, I need to know in what direction and how long to go
> from one point to get to the other. I use the distance functionality
> to calculate 'how long to go' but need the direction. Is there any
> functions to do so ?

m.cogo

http://grass.cis.sinica.edu.tw/grass_addons.html
  * m.cogo: The m.cogo utility can translate between bearing-distance
descriptions and X,Y coordinates. It's a simplistic first stab at
providing some COGO functionality for GRASS. (Eric G. Miller, U.S.A.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20021201192650/pweb.jps.net/~egm2/
http://web.archive.org/web/20021213090154/http://pweb.jps.net/~egm2/grass/cogo/m.cogo/index.html

In GRASS 5.3 source as src/misc/m.cogo/
 see also html/html/m.cogo.html