[GRASSLIST:1554] Re: r.in.gdal and a GeoTIFF

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.bus.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 24 18:07:16 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 07:27, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > gdalwarp -t_srs '+init=epsg:4326'  shdrlfi020l.tif shdrlfi020l_LL_wgs84.tif
> >
> > I tried this as it seemed to be more straight-forward and did not
> > involve logging out and back in with a new mapset location, etc.
> >
> > The result was an all black image.  No transformation was done at all
> > and no data was copied.
>
> Are you using the 'gdalwarp' from CVS? There have been bugfixes.
> If you use a current CVS version (like me) and it still fails,
> it should be reported to the GDAL bugtracker.

I have downloaded and installed the cvs version and here is what I get
now:

GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdali
gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.1.9.0, released 2003/06/27
GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdalw
gdalwarp -t_srs '+init=epsg:4326'  shdrlfi020l.tif
shdrlfi020l_LL_wgs84.tif
ERROR 1: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
ERROR 1: GDALWarperOperation::ComputeSourceWindow() failed because
the pfnTransformer failed.

Ed