[GRASSLIST:1556] Re: r.in.gdal and a GeoTIFF

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Oct 25 05:34:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:07:16PM -0500, Ed Davison wrote:

> > > I tried this as it seemed to be more straight-forward and did not
> > > involve logging out and back in with a new mapset location, etc.
> > >
> > > The result was an all black image.  No transformation was done at all
> > > and no data was copied.
> >
> > Are you using the 'gdalwarp' from CVS? There have been bugfixes.
> > If you use a current CVS version (like me) and it still fails,
> > it should be reported to the GDAL bugtracker.
>
> I have downloaded and installed the cvs version and here is what I get
> now:
>
> GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdali
> gdalinfo --version
> GDAL 1.1.9.0, released 2003/06/27
> GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdalw
> gdalwarp -t_srs '+init=epsg:4326'  shdrlfi020l.tif
> shdrlfi020l_LL_wgs84.tif
> ERROR 1: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
> ERROR 1: GDALWarperOperation::ComputeSourceWindow() failed because
> the pfnTransformer failed.

Again: Are you using an official release or the CVS version of,
say, this week? The CVS-gdalwarp works well. But I ran into confusion
comparing the map included metadata (GeoTIFF) and the related
official map description which states another ellipsoid/map datum.
However, this is another issue (see other mail).

Markus