[GRASSLIST:1571] i.composite and r.in.gdal

bfdi533 bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.bus.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:31:07 EST 2003

I have finally gotten through the bumps to getting r.in.gdal working on
a geotiff.

Now, I have loaded a shade relief of the US with r.in.gdal and have a
shdrlf image group and shdrlf.1, shdrlf.2 and shdrlf.3 raster images. I
have tried to composite them with i.composite using 1=R, 2=G and 3=B
(assuming this to be the correct sequence) using 16^3 colors (resulting
in 4096 shades).  The results are not what I had expected.

Here is what I had expected:
http://w3test.mccombs.utexas.edu/services/cbacc/dbsupport/images/expected.png
and here is what I actually got:
http://w3test.mccombs.utexas.edu/services/cbacc/dbsupport/images/composite.png

Any help on getting this composite right?

Ed Davison