[GRASSLIST:1603] Re: Missing Commands

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 23:16:47 EST 2003

> I have build and installed Grass5.0.3rc3 on Gentoo Linux, most
> functionality works, however, r.in.tiff returns a message of "Command
> not found". However, when I look in the /usr/local/grass5/bin/
> directory, the executable is there.
>
> What gives?

Is there anything listed in grass-5.0.3rc3/error.log ?

What did it say when you ran ./configure?
e.g.
checking for location of TIFF includes...
checking for tiffio.h... yes
checking for location of JPEG library...
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
checking whether to use PNG... yes
checking for location of PNG includes...
checking for png.h... yes
checking for location of PNG library...
checking for png_read_image in -lpng... yes
checking whether to use GD... yes
checking for location of GD includes...
checking for gd.h... yes
checking for location of GD library...
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageCreateTrueColor in -lgd... yes

Is GRASS emerge'd or did you do it by hand? (curiosity)

Is r.in.tiff in /usr/local/grass5/etc/bin/cmd/ ?

Hamish