[GRASSLIST:1614] m.in.e00 woes

Ian Macmillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 30 20:23:32 EST 2003

Hi all, I am trying to import a .e00 file with m.in.e00, and it is taking
FOREVER.  So far we are on hour eight of processor time on a dual 1 GHz G4
powermac running GRASS 5.0.0.  The original .e00 file was only 35 Mb.  The file
contains a series of points, with several attributes.  All i want are the
locations of the points (essentially a simple site file without any
categories).  The file should have ~150,000 sites.  Is there a way to speed up
this process?  This is taking way too long.  I hope to be able to import
several more files like this, but not if it takes over 8 hours per file.  Any
advice would be helpful.

-i