[GRASSLIST:1143] v.to.rast: problems with G_open_raster_new()

stef sepd2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 18:58:40 EDT 2003

Hello,
I have imported some vector files *.e00 (which went
fine) and started the conversion to raster. I get the
following result:

GRASS:~ > v.to.rast streams out=streams2
00 secs
Sorting areas by size ... 0 areas               0 mins
00 secs
WARNING: G__open_raster_new: no temp files available
ERROR: Can't create raster map <streams2>

from running:
d.vect streams
d.region res=50 -pa
d.erase
v.to.rast streams out=streams2

Any ideas about why the G_open_raster_new cannot
function properly?

Thanks
Stef