[GRASSLIST:1150] 5.1 under Cygwin

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Sep 9 17:46:44 EDT 2003

Hello,

I would like to try 5.1 under Cygwin and I a few questions:
1. I need to compile it, binaries are not available, right?
2. The download pages says: "compilation of GRASS 5.1 requires GRASS 5.0
experimental (CVS HEAD) source code". I do not understand what this means,
do I need to fetch the CVS 50 head first and then put the 5.1 snapshot
files in the same directory? Is this documented some where?
3. Has anyone successfully compiled 5.1 under Cygwin?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.