[GRASSLIST:1162] Re: r.mapcalc error

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 07:16:05 EDT 2003

> Anybody run across this error?
>
> GRASS 5.0.2 > r.mapcalc
> dyld: r.mapcalc version mismatch for library:
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.dylib (compatibility version of user:
> 4.2.0 greater than library's version: 4.0.0)
> Trace/BPT trap

Some hints & guesses:

".dylib" means it is a Mac OS/X Dynamic Library & thus a OS/X specific
problem. It seems r.mapcalc was compiled with readline 4.2.0 headers
while the main system libary for readline on your computer is only 4.0.0.

You might have two versions on you computer, but I'd guess you are
trying to use binaries compiled on someone elses (more up to date) OS/X
system.

Binary install:
Try updating the system's realine libraries (fink?) to 4.2.0.

Source install:
Try compiling without the --with-readline ./configure option, it isn't critical, I think.

Hamish

disclaimer: I have no idea.