[GRASSLIST:1202] Re: Recompiling

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Sep 11 10:27:57 EDT 2003

Daniel Lau wrote:

> I am trying to change the code of a single module. Recompling takes me 10
> minutes. How to recompile just one module and put it in the suitable
> directory manually or automatically?

Use gmake5. If you want the updated module to be installed, use
"gmake5 -i".

But if you have re-run configure with different options, you need to
delete any existing object files which that module uses in order for
the new configure options to have any effect. Depending upon which
options have changed, you may also need to delete and re-compile the
libraries (e.g. libgis) which the module uses.