[GRASSLIST:1226] Re: install GDAL & import Landsat7 ETM+ xxx...xxx...bx0.l1g File (HDF)

Alip.Yasin s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Sep 13 04:09:24 EDT 2003

Hello Hamish, and GRASS Users

Warmly thank you all for your kindly help to me.

I installed GDAL and also add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf  followed
Mr. Hamish's advice.

> > [In order to run GDAL after installing it is necessary for the shared
> > library to be findable. This can often be accomplished by setting
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib].
> edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add /usr/local/lib to the list if is isn't
> there. Then run /sbin/ldconfig.

And after that I tried to import Landsat7 ETM+
l71146029_02920010925_b10.l1g,
using r.in.gdal command.
And it's said that [ Error 4, not recognized as a supported file ].
But I learned that GDAL can handle with HDF.
So I wonder why I could't import Landsat7 etm+ into GRASS.
Is my data which named  l71146029_02920010925_b10.l1g was not a HDF,
because, I thought, the extensions was '"l1g" not "hdf".
How could I inroduce the "xxx...xxx...xxx.l1g" into GRASS?
(my installed GDAL verstion was gdal1.1.9)

Thank you very much for your help.

Ghalip Yasin
Tsukuba Univeristy, Japan
s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp