[GRASSLIST:1227] registration of maps

Uttam Kumar uttamkumar123 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:35:30 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,
         I imported a scanned map through r.in.tiff.sh (24 bit) format. Then
I used
1.)  i.group
2.)  i.target
3.)  i.points
4.)  i.rectify
to register the map.

The output which I received in the other LOCATION (which was given
Projection and Standard coordinate system (LAT-LONG)); was an image which
was perhaps registered. and I could see the lat-long values by using
d.where.

The only problem I see is that the image got distorted as if pixels were
stretched. Some people called that "check board effect" in image processing
and say that it occurs because the image size is much smaller than the
X-viewer size.

How can I obtain a clear picture without "check board effect" or reduce the
size of the GRASS X VIEWERS. Please Help.

thanks.

uttam.