[GRASSLIST:1285] Re: cygwin compile gd.h not found

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Thu Sep 18 09:54:51 EDT 2003

Glynn, et al;

Apologies for my dumb question. I was using a configure script as a
template and adding my switches at the beginning of the list. I disabled GD
at the beginning of the list, but there was a --with-gd=yes further down in
the list.

Thank you for your help, sorry to waste your time.
Rich

At 05:04 AM 9/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:

> > >Did you spell the option correctly? There should be two leading
> > >dashes, i.e. "--with-gd=no" or "--without-gd".
> >
> > Yes, I've tried both options, which result in the same problem.
> > Interestingly, the configure says:
> >
> >     checking whether to use GD... yes
> >     checking for location of GD includes...
> >     checking for gd.h... no
>
>Does this only apply to --without-gd, or to all of the
>--without-options?
>
> > Is it possible that I have some dependency that is causing this?
>
>No; the --with-* options are never enabled or disabled automatically
>by the configure tests.
>
>--
>Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS