[GRASSLIST:1298] displaying and getting only a small portion of a compressed file

Lee R mr_hk at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 00:16:32 EDT 2003

hello!

I want to design a map viewing software in Palm. As you know the Palm capacity is very small, so I want to compress the map into zip/rar or other formats. But the compressed file is still very big for Palm. So I want to ask,

is it possible to display a small part, say 1/64 of the map, and getting only that 1/64 data (by the x,y coordinate) from the compressed map file(zip/rar/others), so the Palm can run the software smoothly and fast?

Thx!