[GRASSLIST:1307] importing .e00 files

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Sep 19 13:49:17 EDT 2003

I just tried importing a dem with the command:
m.in.e00 -s name_of_file.e00

i got several warnings during the process. They were (in order):

WARNING: unable to find [dem25immn.count] in [kwythers]
WARNING: unable to find [dem25immn.val-0255] in [kwythers]
WARNING: unable to find [dem25immn.val-1254] in [kwythers]

then the import competed.

Now I would like to display the vector map. I assumed that the mapname
would be name_off_file (without the .e00 extension. However, when I try
and use:

d.vect name_of_file, I get the folowing error:

ERROR: Vector file [dem25imn] not available

what's up?

Thanks,

Kirk