[GRASSLIST:1389] Re: why r.report gives wrong figured area data?

Alip.Yasin s01k154 at shako.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Sep 30 14:16:56 EDT 2003

Dear Sir Hamish, Nathaniel Vaughn Kelso

Thank you for your help.
I tried several times by following  Mr.Hamishs advice.
 >g.region rast=map_name
 >will zoom to the extent of the map, and to the map's resolution.
 >Also try using 'd.barscale' to make sure the map scale it correct.
 >If you used v.digit to mark the outline of the lake you could use
 >'d.what.vect' to query the area too.

But still got the same results.
So I am going to accepte Nathaniel Vaughn Kelsos advice,
and multiply the resultes by 1000 and uses those as my area data.
But still want to know what caused this kind of problem.

If any one knows about this, Please, give me some advice.
Heartfully Thanks.
Sincerely
Ghalip Yasin

My Problem: