[GRASSLIST:3094] Re: Xtent Modelling (wieghted Thieseen)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 19:41:04 EDT 2004

> Does anyone know of a way to rank sites so that the theissen polygons
> are larger around higher ranked/weighted sites? I don't see any
> weighting/ranking option in the s.voronoi module. Any ideas?

Isn't that contrary to the point of Theissen (Voronoi) polygons? Namely
they are defined as areas where in all points are closer to a common
site than to any other site, and created by connecting the centroids of
Delaunay triangles?

I think it is better to assign a weight to each polygon (ie the same
weight as its associated site) and construct a weighted mean or whatever
from that using r.mapcalc rather than actually changing the shape of the
polygons.

?,
Hamish