[GRASSLIST:3097] Re: segmentation fault with GDAL

Scott W Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Mon Apr 5 09:06:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Paul Kelly wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, stef wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> > Thanks for your reply.  I got the GDAL binaries from
> > the linked grass site for GDAL.
>
> I meant the GRASS binaries: which version and where you downloaded them
> from? I notice the 5.0.3 Linux binaries on the website are quite recent so
> if the fault occured with them then it is possible that whoever created
> them didn't use the --with-gdal configure option and they should be
> re-done.

Not that this helps much with the current problem (maybe), but I'm pretty
sure that I made those binaries.  I just checked, and (1) I used the
--with-gdal switch, (2) r.in.gdal is working on my machine, and (3) I used
GDAL 1.2.0 (CVS) as of March 5.

However, this is the first external feedback on those binaries I've
noticed, so they're relatively untested - and saying that "they work on my
machine" is not saying a lot.

Would it cause problems if the binary GDAL build involved is a different
version than the one I built with?

Scott Mitchell
smitch at mac.com