[GRASSLIST:3183] Re: advice on building a workstation PC for Grass

drew einhorn drew at technteach.com
Thu Apr 15 09:58:45 EDT 2004

Ah, last time I looked closely he was still recommending
single processor boxes.

Even if it's not multithreaded you may be able to manually
split the problem in two.  Instead of running it on one big
region, maybe you can split it into a north half and a south
half.  And r.patch them concurently.

Depends on whether there's a cheap way to combine two regions.
I'm just a beginner so I don't know.

--
drew einhorn <drew at technteach.com>
Technology and Teaching