[GRASSLIST:4090] Re: Grass 5.7 vectors

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Aug 3 21:42:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

Indictrans Team wrote:

> now we want to implement the same using grass 5.7 version, also we want
> to add the labels in hindi which requires the use of UTF-8.now grass 5.7
> does support UTF-8 however the above two commands hve been deprecated.We
> tried the alternative v.label and d.text however unsuccessfully.Could
> anyone kindly help.

You may take a look at http://www.foss4g.org/FOSS4G/
the i18n version of GRASS5.0.3 can be downloaded from here.
UTF 8 support d.text d.label ps.map and tcltkgrass-i18n etc
are included in GRASS-i18n. We have successfully tested
the GRASS-i18n with Japanese and Veitnamese. We also look
forward for someone to bring out a Hindi version of tcltkgrass.
How to generate tcltkgrass menus in other languages is also
described in the above website

Hope this helps.

Bye

Raghavan