[GRASSLIST:4114] points and centroids bcolor + g.parser

francesco francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Fri Aug 6 06:17:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have recently been using heavily GRASS5.7 as a GIS program and came up
with the following 2 questions/observations:

1 - If I draw my points or centroids as filled elements (circle, triangle
or diamond or whatever) with a color fill and an outline color they draw
right on the screen but when I print them with ps.map I  get the right
color for the outline but always a red background, no matter what color I
chose for the  background.  A bug? A limit in the ps.map module?

2 - I have a mosaic of 200 raster maps.  If I use the v.digit command my
screen clears and the editing mode of the chosen vector
appears.  Digitizing is usually done with a background, and to have a
background with the current v.digit module you have to use the options
window and type out d.rast map=<yourmapname>.  Is it technically complex to
run v.digit in such a way that also the other commands from d.m are
active?   So that I can draw background stuff using the GUI, which makes
things much faster when I have to juggle 200 rasters.   I tried putting the
"&" in the v.digit string in the ::workonvector function in the TCL
vector.tcl file, but when I draw rasters the editing mode of the vector
disappears, and viceversa when I draw the editable vector with v.digit my
background disappears.

Cheers,
Francesco