[GRASSLIST:4208] Re: Density plots

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 18 19:56:44 EDT 2004

I was looking at a slightly outdated version of the GRASS 5.7 manual when I
answered (new development is happening rapidly). s.kernel has been ported to
v.kernel in GRASS 5.7. Like s.kernel, v.kernel is designed to produce
density maps from point distributions.

Michael

On 8/18/04 10:16 AM, "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> There may be other ways in GRASS 5.7. I played around with r.statistics but
> didn't get the results I expected (but it was late and I didn't take a lot of
> time). This is an important function that needs to be implemented for
> archaeology and a variety of other fields.
>
> Michael
>

> On 8/17/04 6:14 AM, "lawrence moran" <L.J.Moran at newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A friend needs to produce a density plot for archaeological sites in a
>> given area. Any ideas how to go about this in GRASS? Is there a specific
>> module to perform such things or will it be a case of running several
>> different operations to achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lawrence

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671