[GRASSLIST:4254] Re: attribute table

nromena at skyinet.net nromena at skyinet.net
Thu Aug 26 04:42:21 EDT 2004

Dear Dr. Hamish & the list:

Thank you for the replies.

I am still confused how to see the attribute tables. In a commercial gis i
once used, the attribute table is generated automatically after creating a
polygon. There is a command option to open the attribute table and the
table will pop-up when selected. The attribute table will have at least 2
important fields, feature unique id number and type. From there, I could
add fields according to my data. However in using grass5.0.3, I still don't
know how to open the attribute table. Is it generated automatically? Do I
need to create and link a separate tabular data file?

I ran d.what.vect with the vector map containing polygons but the result
was a warning and failed to see a tabular attribute data. I also ran
v.support and was asked to enter values and names of categories. Still, I
failed to see a tabular attribute data. I ran several routines but failed.

May I request someone from the list to provide me with idiot-friendly
instructions on how to open the attribute table. Also, may I request
websites where I could do some reading on attribute tables in grass5.0.3.

Thank you so much.

November