[GRASSLIST:4269] Re: importing canadian dem -> dted data

Peter Sprague peter_sprague at mac.com
Sun Aug 29 22:47:42 EDT 2004

Ian,

I am attempting to import DEMs of Columbia Valley, BC.  The data is
.75' resolution, 1201X1201pts, ascii DTED data.  I have successfully
imported some test data from US dems to MACDEM, but can't import into
GRASS.  "file not available" with r.in.dted.  With r.in.gdal, the error
code is "usr/lib/??.lib does not exist.  Exported a PGM file from
MACDEM of dems with r.in.pgm - imported 100% as "test_dem".  Nothing
shows up on x0 monitor.

The end result I'm working towards is:
tiled VRML of 3D terrain visualizations;
delivered via java as a PPGIS where citizens provide me with
georeferenced environmental impact data over the web;
analyze for regional cumulative environmental impacts.

Any help would be great,

Peter