[GRASSLIST:5023] Re: R.in.arc in GRASS 5.7 menus

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Dec 2 07:42:06 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:18:03PM +0100, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> >Maciek,
> >
> >I just had a moment to check on r.in.arc and it is already in the GRASS
> >5.7
> >menus (25 Nov. release), under file>import>raster>ESRI Arc/Info ASCII grid
>
> Apparently somebody added it without letting the others know?

It was added 2003-05-06 15:23 according to the changelog.

To get informed about changes in CVS (we cannot post every change to
this list), simply subscribe to

or browse regularly the archive at

 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-commit/

Google let's you even search in the archive

 http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=r.in.arc+grass-commit

Or you use the grass.itc.it search engine

 http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.html
 (restrict search to grass-commit)

Many options to get informed :-)

> Abyway in my a grass57_exp_2004_11_13 it isn't there.

We intend to remove it anyway as r.in.gdal should do the job.
Please report cases (with data) where r.in.gdal fails to the
GDAL bugtracker.

Markus