[GRASSLIST:5038] Re: mms - prms

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 3 05:33:47 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:18:41PM -0700, edgar at hwr.arizona.edu wrote:
> All,
>
> I installed the latest GRASS version on red-hat-linux. I also needed to install
> the hydro model MMS. MMS is looking for the GRASS library libgis.a but it
> doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my system. Why is not there? How can I install it?

Did you install GRASS 5.7? Compiled yourself?

By default GRASS 5.4 and 5.7 are compiled with shared libraries (.so extension)
which minimized the package size.
However, MMS (URL?) wants the statically compiled libgis.a.

An option might be (depending on which GRASS version MMS is based on) to
recompile (only) lib/gis/ as static library.

Markus