[GRASSLIST:5056] Re: vector lines to area?

David Mahoney mahoneyd at unbc.ca
Sun Dec 5 15:16:50 EST 2004

It sounds like you are trying to build "donut" areas, with an internal
isle clipped out. The only way I have found so far to do this is to
parse the output from v.build option=dump to identify the island
polygons, update the attribute table with this information, and then
run v.extract to select only the non-isle polygons. It would be nice if
v.category had a option to not label holes in a larger polygon.

David