[GRASSLIST:5061] Re: db.login

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Dec 6 12:47:40 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:40:41AM +0100, Leonardo Lami wrote:

> Hi,
> After the new command db.login and the remotion of v.database I have some
> problem with the relocation of the table when I import vectors (like shapes)
> in GRASS.
>
> Grass put the table in the database setted in the options GV_* of file VAR
> placed in the working mapset.
>
> I see that the command db.connect change the DB_* options but not the GV_*
> options.
>
> How can I change the GV_* options and what about the function of the DB_*
> options?

AFAIK this was simplified recently:

        * Vlib/field.c: GV_ -> DB_

http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-commit/2004-November/015859.html

As far as I understand the change, the GV_ stuff no longer exists as
DB connections are maintained now only by db.* tools (as v.database was
removed to simplify user's life).

So the VAR file should only contain DB_ lines (maybe a simple search/replace
helps).

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it