[GRASSLIST:5078] Cygwin, X & Grass53

lawrence moran L.J.Moran at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Dec 7 04:54:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm just starting to use Grass53 on PC having used it on a Mac but am having problems using the X windows system.

I start Xwin (full screen) and from Xterm start Grass (grass53 -tcltk). All seems fine until a new window opens. Each new window that opens, such as a Grass display, opens directly in the top left corner of the X window and over the previous window. How do I control the behaviour/ position/ size of the various windows?

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for any advice you can give,

Lawrence