[GRASSLIST:5134] no display!

Paul Shapley p.shapley at fsmail.net
Sun Dec 12 18:59:14 EST 2004

I'm new to GRASS GIS. I've downloaded the OpenOSX version for Mac OS 10.3 and got it running, but am unable to get a display. The error i'm getting is:

Error: channel "console1" wasn't open for writing

I've tried opening them via 'Display' then 'Start Displays x0' still no luck, the x0 display flashes into view for a split second only. Here is the log file.

channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing
channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing
    while executing
"exec g.region -d >@stdout 2>@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
    (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
    invoked from within
"Dm::execute $cmd "
    (procedure "Dm::displayall" line 4)
    invoked from within
"Dm::displayall"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
    (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
    invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b1"
    (command bound to event)

Can anyone help a unix 'newbie' get some kind of display of data.

Many Thanks

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/