[GRASSLIST:5147] Re: osx 5.7 startup woes, etc.

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 14 01:40:41 EST 2004

It sounds like you may have an old version of gdal. Did you update your
libraries by installing the current version of grasslib? You can find that
either as a standalone library package you can download or in the GRASS
complete package. Do you have any other older version of gdal hanging around
in /usr/local/lib and usr/local/bin?

Michael

On 12/13/04 4:39 PM, "Ian MacMillan" <ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:

>     From:   Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
>     Subject: osx startup woes and r.line
> Date: December 13, 2004 3:37:56 PM PST
>     To:   grasslist at baylor.edu
>
> Hi all, I have a weird error coming up when starting up grass5.7 from Lorenzo
> Moretti's packages.  I just downloaded 5.4 and the most updated 5.7 today.
> Somehow the display manager chokes on startup.  I get the original splash
> screen for about half a second then this error follows:
>
> GRASS 5.7.0:~ > Error in startup script: dyld: ps.map version mismatch for
> library: /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libgdal.1.dylib (compatibility version of
> user: 7.0.0 greater than library's version: 4.0.0)
>     while executing
> "exec ps.map -p"
>     (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
>     invoked from within
> "DmPrint::init"
>     (procedure "main" line 27)
>     invoked from within
> "main $argc $argv"
>     (file
> "/Applications/Grass/grass57.app/Contents/Resources/grass-5.7.0/etc/dm/d.m.tcl
> " line 773)
>
> Anybody else run into this?
>
> Also I can't find r.line anywhere, has it been changed into something else?  I
> looked in the mailing lists, but as you can't enter periods (.) in your
> search, it proved fruitless.
>
> Thanks for any help y'all might have,
>
> -Ian

PO Box 872402