[GRASSLIST:5199] RE: wingrass5.7.0 - not working

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Dec 20 09:37:06 EST 2004

I double checked my installation of WinGrass 5.7 this morning - everything
is functioning fine on my machine.

I'm not sure what is causing your problems. If I'm not mistaken, you can
only have one installation of Cygwin on your PC, as Cygwin will complain if
it finds multiple copies of cyggdal1.dll on your drive.

Is this a shared computer? Perhaps some of your files have been altered or
moved by other users. I'm grasping at straws, but it sounds like maybe
Cygwin is having trouble finding some of your x11R6 libraries. Try running
setup.exe again, and make sure that all of the required packages are there.

What Grass5.7 binary release are you using? Huidae Cho has released and
updated 5.7 binary at http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html. See the section on
troubleshooting....he has created a shell script to fix some problems that
were occurring with missing library error messages. Try installing his
latest binary, run this script, and see how is goes.

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton

Technologist, Geo-Spatial Data Services