[GRASSLIST:2454] Merging vector maps in grass5.3

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:24:43 EST 2004

Hello,
I have 4 vector maps (one per quad) that I want to merge into 1 larger map.
I reclassified the quad maps with the same set of rules, to make sure I would
have the same categories in each quadmap.

The "v.patch" command works nicely, except for the areas crossing the quad
maps boundaries, who do not have any categories. I expect these 'undefined'
areas to have the same category in the larger map as they have in the quad
maps.

Obviously, I'm missing a step somewhere. Any comment/suggestion/link to
someappropriate doc would be welcomed.

Thanks a lot
P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering