[GRASSLIST:2486] (no subject)

Steve Sherman ssherman at cemml.colostate.edu
Thu Feb 5 18:24:26 EST 2004

I am new to both Linux and GRASS. I am attempting to set up a system
from scratch (still waiting on some components) that will be able to
handle my GIS needs. I have what I am sure are some dumb questions, but
they require an answer nonetheless.

1. I am planning on setting up my system with Red Hat Linux 9.0. Will
GRASS run under this version of Red Hat?

2. Will GRASS run under other Linux versions like SuSE 9.0 (which I am
also considering using)?

3. Will GRASS work with MySQL or is it restricted to PostgreSQL? And
will I have to become an expert programmer to integrate them?

Please bear in mind that I am new to this whole thing and I am not a
programmer.  I know this will be a hair-pulling experience but I am
looking forward to learning something new.

Thanks to anyone who can help.