[GRASSLIST:2507] Re: r.in.gdal and libgdal.1.1.dylib

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Sat Feb 7 09:09:01 EST 2004

It seems to be the same issue as discussed in list message # 2491
(quoted below).  For dealing with a png file, I managed to get rid of
the error by turning on the flags to use the internal tiff/jpeg/png
libraries when compiling GDAL.  But I guess that won't help you here.
 From Glynn's message, I guess that you should ensure that r.in.gdal was
compiled AFTER your last GDAL lib update, but if that is already the
case, there's an OS X linker issue we need to figure out.

On Feb 6, 2004, at 14:09, Christof Bigler wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried to import a raster file (w001001.adf, 358 MB), which is in the
> directory 'codem1nw'. There must be some problems with the
> libgdal.1.1.dylib. Here is some output:
>
> GRASS 5.0.2 > r.in.gdal in=codem1nw out=codem1nw.r
> dyld: r.in.gdal Undefined symbols:
> r.in.gdal undefined reference to _deflateInit_ expected to be defined
> in /usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.dylib
> Trace/BPT trap

----
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Professor, Carleton University
Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, Loeb A209
Mailing:  Loeb B349, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6 Canada
1-613-520-2600 x2695 Fax: 613-520-4301 Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca