[GRASSLIST:2516] Re: alpha blending

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Feb 8 10:31:06 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 12:10:53PM +0100, francesco.pirotti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if  there is a trick or even a module which enables
> transparency on a vector poligon (with rasters I guess you can use a trick
> with the hue-saturation module).  I saw Radim's qgis implementation of
> GRASS rasters and vectors, including alpha blending
> (http://mpa.itc.it/radim/qgis/) so I was wandering if something similar
> is/will be/might be implemented in GRASS

Hi Francesco,

once there have been efforts to implement alpha blending into XDriver
(together with some RGB updates, maps as selectable layers etc):

Check
src.todo/display_driver/

Maybe the code is useful to re-implement these changes into
the current XDRIVER. It was never finished unfortunately.

Markus